Global Manufacturing / Distribution Company in Rockland County, NY seeks a Credit and Collections Supervisor.
The Credit and Collections Supervisor will manage a staff and is directly responsible for customer credit evaluations, application of customer payments, and collection of accounts receivable.
location: Congers, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Supervise Accounts Receivable activities including, cash application, account adjustments, invoicing/revenue recognition, debit and credit posting, general ledger account maintenance and reconciliation. Ensure adherence to payment terms, while limiting bad debt, and maximizing sales.
- Review and prepare risk analysis for establishment of credit for all new customers as well as routine credit review of existing customers. Perform due diligence in compliance with credit and collection policy and procedures, utilizing D&B, financial statements and reference checking.
- Recommend credit limits based on credit analysis.
- Monitor accounts receivable portfolio consistently for events that may negatively impact risk. React and recommend immediate action, where required, to minimize risk. Engage business leaders in decision making if required.
- Direct interaction with selected clients in resolving receivables delinquencies.
- Ensuring professional relationships are established and maintained with clients, operations group, attorneys, and collection agencies.
- Work closely with financial leadership team to respond to credit and collection concerns with existing and potential clients.
- 5+ years related experience
- Strong understanding of Credit and Collections principles and practices.
- Must have B2B collections experience
- Applicants must possess strong systems skills; solid collection, analytical and negotiating skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills; and a solid knowledge of commercial credit and collection laws.
skills: Corporate Credit
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.