The Controller will help maximize the return on the business by establishing and overseeing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems for the company, and in collaboration with a large team of accounting, finance and operational professionals, will help ensure the consistent delivery of high-quality reporting and analysis, and will help provide exceptional service to the department's internal and external stakeholders while maintaining strict compliance with GAAP, SOX and other measures.
location: Norfolk, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 4
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Ability to understand and analyze complex transactions, apply complex accounting requirements to those transactions, and effectively communicate the results to the stakeholders.
- Strong experience coordinating and completing detailed analytical reviews of complex information.
- Proven background of strategically implementing best practices around reporting and accounting processes.
- Keen ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with internal and external business partners, including oversight of a small team of dedicated external reporting professionals.
- Propensity towards detail-orientation in all aspects of work performance.
- Sound business writing skills, with an ability to summarize communications for executive level consumption.
- Comfortable presenting to medium to large groups, including senior leaders.
- Coaching mindset.
The ideal candidate will possess at least 7 years of experience in a role that includes accounting leadership responsibilities, either in public accounting or industry.
To be considered, candidates must have a proven background managing complex projects from concept through completion. A strong financial acumen, analytical mindset and experience writing business documents that are both technical and detailed is required. Additionally, the chosen candidate must be a confident communicator with the level of maturity and presence necessary to influence senior executives and business unit leaders across the organization.
He or she must also possess a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a closely related field. CPA certification is required.
skills: Financial Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.