Our client is a fast growing services organization with headquarters in Richmond, VA. The company expects its growth trajectory to continue at a fairly rapid pace through organic growth.
The Financial Analyst FP&A will report to the Controller and will support/ drive overall monthly planning & reporting processes & ad-hoc analytics to provide accurate and timely financial transparency & timely process management. This is an excellent opportunity offering growth within a highly successful and dynamic company.
location: Richmond, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 4
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Prepare insightful monthly analysis of actual results vs. budget/forecast
- Prepare annual budget, quarterly forecasts and long-range plans.
- Build and manage in-depth financial models to support new business opportunities, financing initiatives and divestitures.
- Perform economic evaluations of various investment and associated projects
- Support budget planning and forecasting processes by analyzing operating costs and sales.
- Participate in cross-functional coordination of budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and cost improvement efforts.
- Interpret financial results and develop financial models to identify strategic alternatives and contingency plans.
- Participate in preparing monthly and quarterly operational reviews, annual budgets and strategic initiatives.
- Support the month-end close process by performing in-depth analysis of the balance sheet and accruals to ensure accuracy.
- Design and improve complex financial models to support detailed forecasting and planning including full P&Ls, Balance Sheets and Cash flow statements.
- Manage all reports to the financial institutions on a timely basis.
- Liaise closely with the operating units to produce reports/dashboards for upper management
- Identify areas of process and reporting improvements.
- 2-5 years of Public Accounting or Corporate Finance experience.
- Proficiency with ERP software. Dynamics GP preferred.
- Advanced experience with MS Excel as it relates to logic formulas, pivot tables, vlookup, hlookup, macros and formatting.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
- Be able to multi-task and be a team player
- Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
skills: Analysis - Risk
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.