This position is an integral element in developing, maintaining and reporting the SOX compliance programs including the supervision of full-time staff. The person evaluates control risk and deficiencies as they are measured against standards for determining a significant deficiency or material weakness. The person will review the testing performed on a quarterly basis and track all deficiencies to completion. In addition, the person will identify and propose opportunities to improve controls and efficiencies across platforms and ERP systems. This position will also be responsible for coordinating a variety of projects across departments and platforms primarily focusing on accounting issues. This person will be key in assisting and developing the appropriate accounting solutions when technical issues arise or standards change.
location: Bloomfield, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Oversees management's quarterly SOX testing process, which includes timely performance and review of Segregation of Duties ("SOD"), Tests of Design ("TOD") and Tests of Effectiveness ("TOE") and updating narratives to ensure all SOX policy requirements are met.
- Evaluates control weaknesses and exceptions to determine whether they rise to the level of deficiencies, significant deficiencies, or material weaknesses. Manages all issues that are identified by management or Internal/External Audit to ensure remediation is performed timely.
- Evaluates existing controls and processes. Identifies areas of improvement and develops solutions for senior management.
- Implements controls and business processes for new acquisitions.
- Assess the impact of ERP changes to the control environment and recommends appropriate actions/improvements.
- Monitors the control environment to ensure controls are in line and consistent with business processes and risks.
- Facilitates control and process changes with the process owners and senior management.
- Facilitates Internal/External Audit requirements related to both SOX and policy compliance.
- Assists in process improvements across departments and platforms to ensure solutions are appropriate and comply with accounting standards and/or control requirements.
- Develops the appropriate accounting solutions when technical issues arise or standards change
- Communicates accounting issues, findings or solutions to senior leadership
- Supports other departments within the organization to provide resources, solve problems or back fill roles when necessary
- Ensures continuous staff development and manages department's budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned to include special projects, financial close support and other finance department initiatives.
Education & Experience:
· A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field. CPA/MBA a plus.
· 5-10 years experience in accounting and audit, preferably in a distribution or manufacturing setting is desired.
· Experience with a strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act, technical accounting guidance and compliance programs.
If you are qualified and interested, please call or email me at: 203-929-7400; firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: SOX, Audit - Internal, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.