My client, a manufacturing company in the Hartford area, has a vacancy for a self-motivated SOX Compliance Accountant. This position is an integral element in maintaining and reporting the SOX compliance program. The person assists in evaluating control risk and deficiencies as they are measured against standards for determining a significant deficiency or material weakness as well as identifying and suggesting opportunities to improve control and efficiency. The role includes assisting in coordinating Platform compliance programs and performing testing on a quarterly basis. In addition, this person will perform financial accounting responsibilities through analyzing and researching account details to ensure accuracy and timeliness of data.
location: Bloomfield, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Evaluates control weaknesses and exceptions to help determine whether they rise to the level of deficiencies, significant deficiencies, or material weaknesses.
- Performs management's quarterly SOX testing process, which includes timely performance and review of Segregation of Duties ("SOD"), Tests of Design ("TOD") and Tests of Effectiveness ("TOE") and updating narratives to ensure all SOX policy requirements are met.
- Evaluates existing controls and processes. Identifies areas of improvement and assists with developing solutions.
- Assist in monitoring of the control environment to ensure controls are in line and consistent with business processes and risks.
- Assists in communicating and facilitating control and process changes to the process owners.
- Facilitates Internal/External Audit requirements related to SOX compliance or others as necessary.
- Provides the field with accurate and timely researched information, source documents and solutions to problems.
- Assists in preparing monthly account reconciliations. Prepares and enters standard, recurring and adjusting journal entries for reporting purposes.
- Manages accounts, analyzes, understands and verifies validity of transactions.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- 1-2 year of experience in accounting and audit, preferably in a distribution or manufacturing setting is desired.
- Experience with a strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act and compliance programs
If you are qualified and interested please call or email me: 203-929-7400; firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: SOX, Excel Pivot Tables, Audit - Internal, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.