Responsible for ensuring all corporate and subsidiary accounting functions are properly performed and results are properly recorded. Specific duties include maintaining and improving the financial processes of company's ERP system, Microsoft Dynamics GP, corporate and subsidiary accounting close, financial statement account analyses, adherence to maintain and/or improve existing internal controls over financial reporting, ad hoc financial analysis, and special projects.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Preparation of periodic forecasts (Quarterly/Annually)
- Responsible for the management of Accounts Payable/Receivable staff
- Prepare and analyze cash flow forecasts in order to support the company's working capital needs
- Prepare and manage the month-end close process within the company's month-end reporting timeline for corporate and its subsidiaries
- Maintain and develop accounting practices to address any new regulatory changes that impact the company and its subsidiaries' financial statements
- Review the work of direct reports in connection with the month/quarter end close process to ensure such entries recorded are reasonable and consistent with IFRS
- Preparation and review of business strategy plans and forecasts for new business ventures and provide recommendations based on internal research
- Customarily and regularly exercises independent discretion and judgement
qualifications: Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities:
Manages 2-3 subordinate employees in the Accounting department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Lead employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment
- Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, training, vacations and paid time off, telecommuting, cover for absenteeism, and overtime scheduling
- Continuously communicate information through department/one-on-one meetings and email
- Maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment
skills: CPA, CPA Candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.