If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. With a constantly growing team, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: Job Duties
- Preparation of the annual external financial statements (US GAAP and Statutory basis).
- Annual preparation of regulatory analysis and reports supporting the insurance entities within the organization.
- Coordination with the external auditors to ensure timely audit completion of 5 reports in total; comprised of 1 consolidated GAAP financial statement, 1 combined statutory financial statement, and 3 benefit plan financial statements.
- Working cross-functionally with Investments, Tax, Payroll, Benefits, and Legal to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the annual financial statements.
- Assist with research and analysis of new US GAAP and Statutory basis accounting pronouncements, related processes, and disclosure requirements.
- Research, prepare, and present analysis of new accounting pronouncements to Executive Management and the potential impact to the organization on a quarterly basis.
- Work with Executive Management on significant initiatives and providing input and analysis to ensure financial statement impacts are properly evaluated.
- Assist in analyzing and documenting current accounting practices and implementing improvements to policies and procedures.
qualifications: Employee Qualifications
- BS degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent.
- Active CPA license, or at least 1 CPA exam section passed with the intention to complete all remaining exam sections, is required.
- At least 3 years of progressive and relevant accounting experience, with Big 4 public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work independently with Executive Management in the organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- Strong analytical and organization skills with willingness to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- Experience working in a heavy deadline driven environment.
- Successful completion of Auto Club pre-employment assessments, background and drug screenings.
skills: CPA, CPA Candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.