job summary: Are you well-versed in compiling and analyzing financial information to prepare monthly journal entries, preparing monthly financial statements, audit schedules and other ad hoc reports? We need an accounting professional to provide accurate financial information to management by reviewing and analyzing accounting data and preparing financial statements. You should have extensive experience in public and/or corporate accounting to get our attention. In addition, you will need strong problem solving and analytical skills to impress us. Advanced knowledge of major accounting software programs, such as Excel, Great Plains, etc. are preferred.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 33 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Prepare monthly departmental financial reports for distribution.
- Prepare monthly recurring journal entries.
- Enter cash receipts data for posting, including uploads of contributed revenue and box office revenue sub-ledger data.
- Verify and post weekly payroll batches to general ledger.
- Update bank reports on a daily basis, including cash inflows/outflows and outstanding check list. Upload Positive Pay files to bank for released AP or payroll checks.
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts, recording interest income for interest-bearing accounts.
- Prepare Weekly Ticket Sales summary report for distribution.
- Compile monthly box office reports for tracking of facility fee data by theatre.
- Record employee benefit allocations.
- Assist with merchant account reconciliations and track credit card chargebacks.
- Prepare Sales & Use Tax monthly (pre)payments and quarterly returns.
- Assist in preparing schedules for federal, state and local tax and informational returns; compile financial data for surveys and grant reporting.
- Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations and audit schedules as assigned
- Cross-train and provide occasional backup to Accounts Payable Coordinator.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time by the Accounting Manager and/or Controller.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business preferred and/or experience working in the corporate accounting or finance department of a non-profit organization
- Microsoft Excel to include Pivot Tables and V Lookups
- Great Plains Accounting Software (preferred)
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Must be well organized, deadline and detail oriented
- Positive and energetic attitude towards work and the organization
- Solid writing and oral communication skills
- Regular and reliable attendance
Click to apply to express interest and discuss your qualifications today. We look forward to interviewing you virtually or in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.