Well established fund that is experiencing rapid growth. Dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that offers incredible opportunities for upward mobility and excellent benefits. Job Description:
The Fund Accountant is an expansion position within the Fund Accounting department and will focus on daily and monthly accounting and reporting for the fund. You will also provide assistance in the support of various other funds, new initiatives and ad hoc requests as capacity and needs warrant.
location: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Assist in the accounting and reporting for the fund, ensure processes are consistent with specific partnership agreements
- Review and prepare quarterly investor partners capital statements, summaries of cash flows and summaries of distributions ?
- Reconcile and review general ledger to support and perform analysis on various fund expenses, capitalized costs, accruals, etc.
- Collaborate with fund administrator to ensure accuracy of daily and monthly accounting and reporting
- Maintain full shadow accounting books and records through the use of the general ledger and collaboration with the operations group for automated entries as well as posting of manual entries
- Prepare and maintain supporting schedules for partners' capital allocations including complex incentive fee re-allocations
- Assist in providing timely, accurate and meaningful fund and risk reporting and analysis to Fund and leadership
- Assist with the preparation of the year-end financial statements and provide information and support for the Firm's independent auditors and assisting in the analysis and implementation of new accounting pronouncements, as needed
- Various ad hoc projects and requests
- Help the Fund Accounting team drive operational efficiencies and strong ownership of internal controls throughout all processes
The successful candidate will possess the following:
· Undergraduate degree in accounting
· CPA strongly encouraged
· Meaningful relevant experience working on funds; public accounting background in financial services is required
· High skill level in Excel a must
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000
skills: Excel, Account Reconciliation, Fund Accounting, GAAP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.