The Accountant is responsible for performing a wide range of accounting and financial reporting activities. Assist with the preparation of monthly financial and internal cost control reporting. Maintaining advertising budgets using internal tool PRISM. Also, assist in the audit preparation process, i.e. prepare schedules and provide requested documentation.
Take ownership of day to day accounting activities includes but not limited to:
· Process Accounts Payable functions, i.e. vendors invoices, credit card statement, and employee expense report, ensuring compliance with company policy, including approvals.
· Create journal entries and post account payable to the general ledger
· Assist in month end closing. Analyze / reconcile balance sheet accounts. Reconcile all vendor statements and payments, research and correct discrepancies.
· Create, analyze, and distribute internal control reports to department managers.
· Responsible with Fixed asset maintenance and schedule.
· Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company guidelines and accepted accounting principles.
· Assist in semiannual and annual audit preparation
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with 3 to 5 years' experience.
· Strong knowledge of accounting terminology and procedures.
· Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare various reports.
· Advanced skills with MS Excel and financial reporting.
· Experience with Quickbooks and/or SAP
· Able to multi task and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently and effectively with all departments and staff.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Payables, Journal Entries, Inquiries and emails, reports, fixed assest.
Bachelors degree in accounting or finance with 3 to 5 years of experience
skills: SAP, Quickbooks, Excel Pivot Tables
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.