Senior Accountant ($55k-$70k) Hampton area: Growing manufacturing company with fantastic benefits and growth potential seeks a strong general ledger accountant for a newly created role due to domestic and international expansion. Easily accessible from Williamsburg and Norfolk areas. Looking for someone with 2+ years of corporate accounting.
location: Newport News, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 4
education: Master's Degree
experience: 2 Years
- Conducts on demand analysis of product cost and/or profitability.
- Work in conjunction with the Accounting Manager to ensure timely month-end reporting.
- Provides detailed P&L analysis.
- Prepares, audits, and improves creation of Profit and Loss (P&L) monthly statements.
- Implements all capital expenditure processes, tracks all payment plans and assigns a number to the asset.
- Maintains, reviews, and audits inventories
- Partner with key internal customers (i.e. operations) to ensure accurate and meaningful reporting and analysis.
- Evaluates and calculates inventory values to ensure accurate cost roll-up.
- Responsible for sustaining ERP system cost accounting module to ensure system integrity.
- Attends all required job related training (internal and external).
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum of 2 solid years of Cost Accounting
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principals.
- Computer Literate - Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to Tathiane.Thompson@RandstadUSA.com.
skills: Financial Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.