job summary: Accountant - Irving, TX
Accountant - Job Duties:
- This is a contract role expected to last 8 months.
- Ensures exceptions are resolved by established service level agreements.
- Analyzing defect to detect patterns, and to determine root causes and implement resolution.
- Maintain strong working relationships with internal and external customers. Communicates opportunities for improvements and engages business partners in change implementation.
- Provides management with appropriate data including summary, conclusion and recommendations
- Understand and communicate multiple supplier processes and programs ensuring complete follow through with all customer inquiries.
- Serve as a liaison for multiple internal and external business partners to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Research transactional entries within McKesson systems and perform necessary adjustments in an effort to maintain and reduce financial exposure
- 4-year degree in accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- The candidate should be flexible to transition from one task to another. Should be able to take notes, ask questions and work independently after their training in a fast pace environment.
- SAP knowledge is preferred
- Intermediate to Advanced excel skills
location: Irving, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 30 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
Responsibilities include developing, implementing and/or maintaining one or a combination of general accounting systems. Prepares journal entries, maintains and reconciles ledger accounts. Provides record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions. Balances books periodically and prepares profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements. Maintains receipts and disbursement reports. May prepare federal, state, and local reports and tax returns. May interpret reports and records for managers. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Strong customer service skills
Able to multitask and respond effectively to a fast-paced work environment
SAP knowledge is preferred
Intermediate to Advanced excel skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.