Senior Manager - Financial Reporting
Randstad Professionals is looking for a Sr. Manager of Financial Reporting for our client in the Norfolk/Suffolk area.
The selected candidate shall be responsible to a wide variety of external reporting responsibilities, technical accounting issues, and special projects.
location: Norfolk, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 4
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Use of excellent communication skills to coordinate with the global finance organization, legal, investor relations, FP&A and others to draft and review all company's filings
- Review of financial statements and footnotes
- Oversee the preparation of statement of cash flows, earnings per share, share-based compensation expense, and forecasting
- Support the business needs of the global finance organization and management by performing accounting research of technical issues and providing well thought out technical accounting guidance and accounting memos, issues include financial instruments, embedded derivatives, equity investments, share-based compensation, leases, etc.
- Participate in significant business transactions by providing technical accounting expertise. Transactions may include business combinations, impairment review, restructuring and divestitures
- Develop and provide training to domestic and international locations on technical accounting issues
- Prepare presentations for the Audit Committee on important accounting issues and trends
- Monitor new accounting standards, assess their impact on the organization and create working solutions
- Assist with the development of financial policies in response to operational changes, internal control requirements, or technical accounting requirements
- Ensure and document compliance with internal policies, SOX controls, and regulations relating to US GAAP and regulatory requirements
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
- Senior level professional experience - Extensive Financial Reporting and technical accounting experience
- 7+ years of Financial Reporting and technical accounting experience
- Experience in technical accounting and writing position papers and thorough understanding of regulatory filing requirements
To apply directly, please send resume to Tathiane.Thompson@RandstadUSA.com.
skills: Financial Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.