Sr. Billing Coordinator
job summary: Our client
wants the best and brightest talent to join their team. Their environment embraces and encourages positive-minded professionals who seek to be challenged and acquire knowledge and skills in an atmosphere built on teamwork. Highly skilled and knowledgeable Administrative Staff assist their attorneys in successfully meeting and exceeding client needs and are vital to the overall success of the Firm.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
Responsible for bill preparation and management of inventory. Support and work closely with legal staff, Revenue Services, Financial Analysis Department by providing billing and accounts receivable information/documentation. Interface with non-legal staff, vendors, and clients. Responsibilities
- Monitor inventory and ensure adherence to client discounts and guidelines by reviewing proformas and analyzing aged WIP prior to distribution to Billing partners; follow-up with Billing Partners regarding AWIP especially those over 30 days; keep Manager informed by regularly providing updates to billing status, and reasons for delayed billing.
- Monitor unallocated funds and expedite application of funds; advise Manager of any payment that remains unapplied for more than one week.
- Monitor On Account funds and follow up with partner to ensure timely application to WIP and AR; bring to Manager's attention if unallocated for more than two months.
- Suggest ways to improve the billing process, productivity, and over-all functioning of the department.
- Provide monthly Billing Projections, Aged WIP Report, Hit List and Missed List by dates indicated on Billing Schedule, or as required by Manager.
- Assist Accounts Receivable department by actively monitoring receivables.
- Prepare, print and distribute proformas by no later than the 6th working day of each month.
- Draft bills and forward to partners by the 12-15th working day of each month; carefully observe and apply discounts ensuring adherence to client requirements; follow up with partner/reviewer to ensure timely review and transmittal to clients.
- Edit time records, maintaining and filing documentation for adjustments in a timely manner; develop awareness of repetitive adjustments; suggest ways to improve the time-keeping and adjustment process.
- Maintain a correspondence folder for each Billing Partner; promptly file miscellaneous correspondence, and time and disbursement adjustments; ensure that copies of all posted bills are filed and saved to the 3E Invoice module by the 4th working day of the month.
- Offer assistance with peer assignments; mentor and assist in the training and development of new Billing Coordinators.
- Any other responsibilities or special projects as required by partners, or as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Two year degree would be a plus.
skills: Excel Pivot Tables
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.