job summary: Private Consumer Goods company located in Norwalk, CT is looking to hire an experienced Staff Accountant
Candidates must have advanced Excel
skills, (ie. Pivot Tables, V-Look ups, etc.) and have familiarity with Sales and Use Tax
This is a full time permanent position that is inclusive of a competitive base salary and benefits package.
location: Norwalk, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5,8 to 4,7 to 3
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Assist with the preparation of documentation and the filing of monthly sales tax returns for various locations and the reconciliation to GL.
- Also assist with the preparation of the documentation and file multiple states sales tax returns for the "Direct to Consumer" business.
- Assist with the creation of backup for additional state voluntary disclosure agreements.
- Review expense reports for use tax liabilities.
- Assist with year-end audit preparation.
- Any special projects and reporting as requested by senior management.
- Bachelos Accounting degree.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft programs.
- Sales tax reporting experience & Oracle experience a plus but not necessary.
skills: Oracle, Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.