Are you ready to jump start a new career in the new year? One of the leading construction companies in North America is looking to bring on a Contract Administrator
to join our dynamic team! You will be supporting major telecommunications infrastructure projects in addition to many other exciting initiatives.
This position uses in-depth skills and knowledge of both commercial and government contract laws and regulations to perform assignments and requires effective application of contract administration processes and procedures.
location: Union City, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
The Contract Administrator will provide support for the change and proposal process for assigned business units. You will also Interface with internal and external customers to proactively solve contract issues. You will be directly involved with complex commercial and contract administration and management with EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) multi-year contracts engagements.
- Provide compliance and strategic advice to internal customers regarding proposal efforts and contract negotiations and administration.
- Administer standard and non-standard commercial contracts with limited assistance from senior personnel.
- Provide proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Examine contract administration outputs to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Participate in negotiation of favorable contract terms, change order facilitation and management, and conditions including work scope, duration, price, warranty and confidentiality provisions, based on applicable procurement regulations and commercial contracting guidelines.
- Interface with internal technical staff and external clients during the initial award negotiation process, the execution phase processes, as well as all contract modification processes.
- Pre/Post Award Proposal Process: Support the preparation and review of business proposals for the inclusion of correct business terms and fulfillment of proposal stipulations. Calculate cost of performing work based on raw data. Establish new projects and disseminate the necessary project information to both technical and administrative groups. Ensure adherence to organizational policies and guidelines relating to the submission of proposals and acceptance of agreements.
- Post Award/Contract Review: Participate with the negotiation and development of business and legal terms and conditions on behalf of the organization. Document and ensure provisions of the contract in its final form are acceptable to the organization and the customer.
- Post Award/ Contract Performance Management: Monitor scope change against contract provisions, support and participate in audit responses, and interface with internal and external customers as appropriate and necessary. Mediate disputes that may arise in order to reach an expedient resolution.
- Keep abreast of current government procurement laws and regulations, as well as developments in commercial contract law. May research special compliance/legal topics as required.
- BS in relevant discipline.
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of procurement and contract law and experience with commercial business principles.
- Ability to negotiate favorable contract terms effectively.
- Strong business acumen, with demeanor and ability to work comfortably and confidently with senior management.
- Working knowledge of EPC agreement provisions/terms.
- Proven ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment with limited supervision; excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Detail oriented, accurate, and thorough in working with both calculations and text of agreements.
- Experience with proposal preparation, contract negotiation, and contract administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial contracting processes, FAR/DFAR, compliance considerations and related accounting practices.
- Customer service oriented; effective interpersonal skills to interact and communicate with staff members, other company personnel, clients, and customers.
- Efficient with MS Office and other software packages.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to Michael.Gersovitz@randstadusa.com
skills: MS Office
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.