Sr. Property Accountant
Senior Property Accountant will be responsible for the accounting associated for a group of properties in a region. The Senior Property Accountant reports to the Property Accounting Manager who in turn reports to the Property Assistant Controller. This position is located in our Jersey City, NJ office.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Maintains of the accrual books for approximately 15 properties within a region. Includes online approval of invoice coding, recording journal entries, preparing work papers and following monthly closing procedures.
- Assists management in the budget process. Includes interfacing with management for assumptions, preparing budget report template for assigned properties and inputting budget into accounting system.
- Preparation of operating reports for management on a monthly basis including written variance analysis.
- Assists management team in preparing for and attends monthly meetings to discuss selected financial information.
- Works closely with the accounts payable bookkeeper and management to insure proper coding of costs and to understand operating results.
- Assist with special projects
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- 5 years of related experience is required
- Good written and communication skills
- Experience in Yardi is preferred
skills: Excel, Yardi, Excel Pivot Tables
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.