Our Client is looking for a bright team oriented Corporate Accountant responsible for various corporate allocations and corporate accounting functions!
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Assists management in the budget process. Includes interfacing with management for assumptions, inputting of budget within the system.
- Reports to management on a quarterly basis of budget versus actual results.
- Own the monthly intercompany allocations through coordination with the Treasury department and record accrual journal entries across three hundred legal entities
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly close through journal entries and account reconciliations
- Preparation of adjusted GAAP and tax trial balances including depreciation and equity adjustments
- Analyze budget versus actuals for service entities and determine the key drivers of variances
- Generate payment schedules and P&L analysis as requested by senior management
- Entrusted with confidential payroll data and sensitive family-owned asset information
- Perform ad hoc analysis for the Vice President of Accounting and the Corporate Controller
- Review and approve purchase requisitions and invoices within the Ivalua workflow; working with departments across the organization
- Bachelor's degree is required; an advanced degree are preferred
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- 3-5 years of related experience is required
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Experience in Yardi is preferred
- Advanced analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Expertise in prioritizing and resolving issues efficiently and effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently under pressure within a tight deadline
- Intermediate-advance use of excel
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
skills: Excel, Yardi, Excel Pivot Tables
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.