If in your current role as an Accountant, you are responsible for recording the cost, keeping track of and performing accounting for the disposition of Fixed Assets, please continue reading because this Fixed Asset Accountant opportunity may be the job for you. We are looking for the right Fixed Asset Accountant to seize the responsibility for fixed asset accounting, that is capable of the review and analysis of construction projects in progress. This position is located south of Cincinnati near the Ohio River 40 miles north of Louisville, KY. You will receive an excellent benefits package from a privately-owned, non union, manufacturing company with a thriving 401-K matching program that pays
individualized bonuses every 4th month.
location: Ghent, Kentucky
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Prepares and assists in tax filings for all companies, (partnership and corporation) to ensure compliance
- Researches tax issues, as necessary, general accounting areas to ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Consults with external auditor, external tax ad visors and attorneys as necessary.
- Consults with engineers and managers regarding Capital project status and details regarding projects and capital expenditures.
- Prepares and reviews financial accounting entries necessary for fixed assets, depreciation, capitalized interest, long term spares and other related areas.
- Prepares and reviews accounting entries related to insurance, maintenance, and other amortizations.
- Analyzes all capital purchases to determine proper classification for fixed asset system and to ensure proper depreciation for book and tax purposes and reconciles the fixed asset records to the general ledger.
- Reviews all capital and expense policies and procedures and ensures compliance with capitalization policies.
- Analyzes all capital disposals and changes to fixed assets in order to maintain the integrity of the fixed asset ledger and financial records which are necessary in determining proper insurance coverage.
- Reviews capital project contract compliance related to tax matters. Prepares new and expanded industry exemption certificates as necessary.
- Reviews construction in progress accounts periodically to ensure all projects are placed in service at the appropriate time.
- Analyzes construction contracts to determine proper fixed asset classification and makes appropriate financial accounting entries.
- Allocates capitalized salaries to construction in progress accounts.
- Prepares estimated depreciation and capitalized interest calculations for budget requirements.
- Prepares and completes mobile asset inventories on regularly scheduled basis. Includes going into the plant for physical inventory of mobile assets.
- Reviews accounts payable invoices for proper management approval and coding. System approves and posts all E1 and iPayables accounts payable batches. Reviews and releases accounts payable invoices on hold.
- Reviews for proper capital/prepaid account expenditure coding of (OV) receipt batches weekly.
- Prepares CIP and Capital report data for New Projects department cash flow analysis.
- Prepares month end Cash Flow reports and other monthly data reports required for Acerinox reporting.
- Prepares miscellaneous government reports on capital expenditures.
- Assists in other general accounting areas as necessary.
- Participation in continuous improvement programs.
- Requires a Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, OR Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with five years of related work experience.
- Experience in Fixed Asset Accounting and Sales and Use tax is a plus.
skills: $1 - 2 billion
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.