Our client is a fast-growing, private equity backed multi-office healthcare facility.
They are seeking a Revenue Cycle Director. This position is responsible for directing and coordinating the overall functions of the medical billing and coding office to ensure maximization of cash flow while improving patient, physician, and other customer relations. Requires strong managerial, leadership, and business office skills, including critical thinking and the ability to produce and present detailed billing activity reports.
location: West Orange, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 160,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Master of Business Administration
experience: 7 Years
- Handle a large and complex operation responsible for all aspects of billing .
- Serves as the practice expert and go to person for all coding and billing processes.
- Plans and directs patient insurance documentation, workload coding, billing and collections, and data processing to ensure accurate billing and efficient account collection.
- Analyze billing and claims for accuracy and completeness; submit claims to proper insurance entities and follow up on any issues.
- Prepares and analyzes accounts receivable reports, weekly and monthly financial reports, insurance contracts, and collects and compiles accurate statistical reports.
- Audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of billing and collections operations.
- Ensures that the activities of the billing operations are conducted in a manner that is in compliance with Federal, State, and payer regulations, guidelines, and requirements.
- Participates in the development and implementation of operating policies and procedures.
- Reviews and interprets operational data to assess need for procedural revisions and enhancements; participates in the design and implementation of specific systems to enhance revenue and operating efficiency.
- Analyzes trends impacting charges, coding, collection, and accounts receivable and take appropriate action to realign staff and revise policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date with carrier rule changes and distribute the information within the organization.
- Understands and remains updated with current coding and billing regulations and compliance requirements.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all health information management issues such as HIPAA and all health regulations.
- Maintains library of information/tools related to documentation guidelines and coding.
- Supervises billing office personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
Minimum 7 years of experience Medical Insurance/Healthcare Billing
Collections experience a MUST
Experience with HCFA 1500 and UB04 claim forms
Experience with HIPAA guidelines
Process improvement and implementation
Please email resume in word document along with contact info.
skills: Billing, Medical Billing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.