Successful growth real estate investment company in San Francisco is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to support the Controller of the company around a variety of functions both on the corporate accounting and investment accounting side of the business. In addition, will support the Controller around a variety of key initiatives including a new ERP system implementation, process improvement, and various accounting analysis projects. Qualified candidates will come out of public accounting or industry within the real estate or investment industry. Please apply for more information.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
Due to growth, our client seeks a Senior Accountant primarily focused on managing our corporate/management entity investments in our portfolio of multifamily residential and commercial real estate assets. Scope of Primary Responsibilities:
- Perform month end close, journal entries, bank and general ledger reconciliations for corporate investment or management entities.
- Oversee and work with registered agent in filing and maintaining good standing of corporate and investors LLC state registrations.
- Work with Controller to analyze, enhance, and document internal controls/processes.
- Assist with processing investment funding requests, wires and internal transfers, in a timely manner.
- Monitor and assist with collecting on corporate receivables with properties (80+).
- Assist team with periodic financial reports and annual tax filings.
- Respond to internal inquiries in a timely fashion and prepare ad-hoc reports requested by management/other departments.
- Research and identify exceptions and problems affecting accounting records, communicating to management, and assisting in their resolution.
- Work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
qualifications: Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant accounting experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products such as Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Real estate accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with Yardi desired.
- Experience with transition of general ledger systems preferred.
- Experience with establishing, implementing, and documenting internal controls, processes, and procedures.
- Experience working with auditors and/or public accounting experience desired.
- Comfortable working with teams outside of the accounting and finance department (investor relations/asset management/transaction teams)
- Fund experience preferred.
- Capable of working independently.
- Ability to set goals.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks accurately, timely and consistently.
- Ability to meet deadlines timely, accurately, and consistently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or related field required from an accredited four-year college or university
skills: General Ledger
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.