The Sr. Tax Accountant
will be responsible for ensuring the multi-state payroll and related tax filings and payments meet local and state payroll tax requirements. You will work with our CPA firm to ensure that all partnership returns are filed timely and accurately.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Initiate daily payments for multi-state payroll taxes
- File all tax returns timely
- Research and investigate each state for payroll tax changes
- Register in local tax jurisdictions
- Ensure all transactions are recorded accurately and timely
- Conduct general tax research related to compliance issues
- Ensure that all partnership and other returns are filed timely and accurately
- Research and respond to tax notices
- Supervise one tax staff accountant
- Experience with federal and multi-state payroll, partnership and other taxes
- Experience with Master Tax software is a plus
- Experience with Prism and/or Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) software is a plus
- Able to multi-task in fast paced, time sensitive environment
- Positive attitude, self-motivated and able to handle shifting priorities
- Able to meet reporting deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
skills: Multi-State Tax
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.