The Credit and Collections Analyst position is accountable for the entire credit granting process,including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing, the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, and collection of accounts receivable balances. This role will have a heavier focus on commercial or business to business collections work.
location: Greenville, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $42,000 - 48,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 5 Years
- Review of all large sales orders including bonding details.
- Establishes credit limitations on customer accounts and handles special credit arrangements and deviations from standard terms of payment.
- Annually evaluates credit limits.
- Utilize advanced credit methods to insure prompt and accurate collections including but not limited to: money wires in advance, letters of credit, bond claims, liens, and litigation.
- Completing lien waivers and AIA progress billings.
- Manage files, records, transactions and other office procedures.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries.
- Audits delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectible to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning bad debt status to account.
- Minimization of DSO through constant follow-up and communication with customer
- Submits delinquent accounts to attorney or outside agency for collection.
- Conduct collection calls to collect accounts receivables.
- Responsible for month-end and year-end processes and related accounting matters.
- Assists management in the formulation of credit policies.
- Post and apply customer payments.
- Works effectively with sales on delinquent accounts to expedite collection.
- Other duties as assigned
If you have a background in collections and experience with credit evaluation, if you're a great communicator and you don't mind making calls and speaking with business leaders, and if you'd like to work for a large company that's been around over a century please send your resume immediately. You will hear back within 24 hours to discuss the position and salary.
skills: Credit & Collections, Commercial Collections
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.