Law firm in Washington D.C., seeks a paralegal to provide comprehensive litigation support to busy litigation practice.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
Responsibilities include proofing, cite-checking and formatting legal briefs, pleadings, and memoranda in accordance with federal, state, and local rules; managing discovery using document management databases; filing documents in federal and state courts and administrative agencies; and case management.
qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree and/or paralegal certificate (or equivalent) is a plus
- Excellent citechecking (bluebooking, shepardizing, proofing etc.) skills
- Proficiency with an e-discovery database (such as Everlaw, Eclipse, Relativity, etc.)
- Experience using PACER for both research and filing
- Experience using CM/ECF
- Knowledge of Compulaw
- Knowledge of federal and state court rules and procedures, and experience filing documents in multiple forum
The position is non-exempt. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, 401(k), and pension plan. EOE.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume in word format.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.