Come work for one of the largest retail companies in Southern California. Do you desire fun at work? Would you like to work for an organization who's not only offering great deals on products but making a difference in the quality of life for the communities they serve? If you answered yes, then this could be the right fit for you!
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 33 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
responsibilities: Tax Accountant
The Tax Accountant
will be responsible for completing the day-to-day general tax duties, including preparing month-end closing entries, preparing tax account reconciliations, maintaining correct GL balances for tax accounts, filing the monthly/quarterly/annual tax returns (Sales and Use/Personal Property, etc.), and providing support to tax-related audits. Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly sales and use tax work paper/return, and the associated filing/payment
- Prepare sales tax account reconciliations and provide activity analysis.
- Prepare sales tax journal entries, including month-end closing entries as required.
- Support current sales tax audit and gather information in response to IDRs.
- Research sales tax rates on a weekly basis with article maintenance and 3 rd party provider, responding to governmental inquiries, and additional projects and assignments as required.
- Research sales tax rates on various retail articles on a weekly basis and inform article maintenance of updates
- Works collaboratively across departments involving key stakeholders where necessary
- Regularly recommends practical process improvement to elevate accuracy, timeliness and efficiency
- Assist with additional projects and assignments as required
- 3-5 years relevant experience in general tax accounting, financial reporting within medium to large size organizations (annual revenue of 500 million+); multi-unit, multi-state company.
- Experience in preparation of sales tax returns and reconciliations, filings and audits
- Personal Property tax experience preferred for management of 3 rd party provider
- Analytical and problem solving abilities and attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookup, etc.).
- SAP experience is preferred.
- Extremely organized able to work independently.
- ASC 740/450 preferred
For more information please contact Shaina Dabney at 213-289-5953 or reply to this posting.
skills: General Ledger, General Accounting and Finance Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.