Our client in Stoughton seeking an Accounting Manager to join their growing organization. he Accounting Manager- A/R and A/P is responsible for the day to day management of the accounts payable and cash applications team. They will also participate in the monthly financial close, including the reconciliation of general ledger accounts. The ability to perform duties with a high degree of accuracy and quality is essential. This position is involved in a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger journal entries and reconciliations, sales tax reporting, sales commission accruals, freight accounting, year-end audit schedule preparation and support, and supporting the Corporate Controller with month end closing activities.
location: Brockton, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Responsible for the performance management of Accounts Payable and Cash applications staff.
- Ensure compliance for the A/R and A/P function with internal controls.
- Preparation of general ledger account reconciliations, including intercompany accounts and commission accrual accounts.
- Reconcile vendor prepayments and prepaid asset accounts.
- Prepare and file all sales tax returns, and prepare monthly reconciliations.
- Assist with the preliminary and year-end annual audits of our financial statements to ensure that the audit process is efficient, including providing the auditors with requested information in a timely manner.
- Responsible for weekly freight accounting and preparation of trend analysis for management.
- Create and distribute daily/weekly sales reporting.
- Assist with daily cash management and reporting, when required.
- Other special projects involving accounts payable and accounts receivable, as required.
The Accounting Manager must have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. A minimum of 5 years prior relevant accounts payable and accounts receivable accounting experience including recent management responsibility.
- Strong professional background in accounts receivable and accounts payable, preferably with a small to mid-size company
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to muti-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines as required
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products, and have advanced proficiency with Excel.
If you are an Accounting Supervisor or Manager looking for a change or or increased compensation or and accounting professional ready to advance apply now.
skills: General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Month-End Close, Year End Close, A/P Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, A/R Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, Payroll Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, A/P Review, A/R Review, Payroll - 50 - 500, $100-250 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.