Are you someone looking to build a foundation within a great corporation? This is the chance to join a growing internal audit department responsible for everything from financial consulting, internal controls testing, SOX support, analytics, and executive projects. For a recent graduate or staff auditor this is a great chance to support a wonderful Audit Director compliance initiatives and core Internal Audits across the organization.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Perform SOX compliance activities including walkthroughs, testing of key controls, preparation of risk and control matrixes and flow charts.
- Document SOX walkthroughs in the form of a narrative. In addition, prepare audit work papers supporting the evidence collected in the testing of key controls.
- Update process narratives, risk and control matrixes, and flow charts whenever changes are made to a business process.
- Review the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and work with management personnel to recommend remediation plans, if necessary.
- Prepare periodic update reports to send to management on the status of the SOX implementation/audit.
- Conduct branch audits throughout operating business units - areas of focus include, but are not limited to, verification of the physical existence of idle fleet inventory, fixed assets, parts and supplies, and value added products and services.
- Assist in the preparation of branch audit reports that are distributed to management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- One year of progressive experience in a combination of public accounting and/or internal audit experience is preferred.
- Either currently working on or a strong desire to obtain either a CPA or a CIA designation
Recruiter, Finance & Accounting Randstad Professionals 120 E. Baltimore Street, Suite 2220 Baltimore, MD 21202
Phone: 410-241-3091 John.Evans@randstadusa.com Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-m-evans-39a2822
skills: Financial Reporting, Certified Internal Auditor, Financial Audit, Audit - Internal, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.