job summary: Senior Accountant
High growth Real Estate Investment Company in the South Peninsula area is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to support the corporate accounting team around financial reporting, consolidation, variance analysis, and some corporate accounting work. This is a great opportunity to learn the business and over time grow with the company. This is a well established growth real estate company with a strong portfolio of investments. Qualified candidates will have 5+ years of general ledger and financial statements experience. Consolidation OR Audit/Public Accounting is a big plus.
location: Palo Alto, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
responsibilities: About the role:
We're hiring a Senior Accountant to join our team. Reporting directly to the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for preparing the consolidation of seven separate businesses as well as assisting with the monthly close for the parent company. To succeed in this role, the Senior Accountant should be detailed oriented and work closely with the business process owners and peers within the accounting team in maintaining the accuracy of financial statements, budgets and liquidity forecasts.
A great opportunity to those who would like to utilize and develop their existing skills. This role offers growth opportunities and provides vast experience in the corporate entity of a highly successful and dynamic real estate organization in the Bay Area. Responsibilities:
- Manage monthly consolidation of the financial statements of Company and subsidiaries.
- Prepare/review monthly/quarterly reporting package which includes income statement, balance sheet, cash flow financial statement analysis and commentary
- Prepare monthly intercompany schedules to support consolidation
- Ability to evaluate and apply US GAAP requirements and manage reporting requirements
- Understand the recording of transactions into the general ledger across various businesses in order to prepare monthly/quarterly consolidated reporting packages
- Research, review and resolve unusual variances with minimal supervision
- Prepare covenant compliance reporting packages quarterly/annually
- Facilitate the implementation of consolidation reporting platform currently being implemented
- Work with FP&A and tax departments on various collaborative projects
- Document procedures and streamline processes when possible
- Identify internal control weakness and provide recommendation to executives
- Prepare/review schedules and provide audit support to the annual corporate audit
- Other projects as the need arises
qualifications: Knowled ge/Skills:
Qualifications & Education
- Consolidation, financial statements preparation and analysis (including actual vs. budget variance analysis), ad hoc reporting to support management decision making
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Budgeting and forecasting experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, array formulas, macros, etc.) required
- Previous interaction with internal / external auditors required
- Positive, eager to learn and take on challenges
- BS degree in Accounting or similar field.
- CPA preferred.
- 3- 5 years of progressive accounting experience in financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Real estate (multi-family/commercial) and consolidation experience is a plus.
skills: Financial Statements
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.