The Company is an industry leader with multiple locations nationwide and has been experiencing steady growth.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for taking the lead role in the set-up and implementation of the Finance/Accounting function.
Reporting directly to the Controller, the Accounting Manager must have solid accounting knowledge, experience in month-end closings, preparing financial statements, etc. This position will work with and coordinate information to/from field operations. This position will be instrumental in helping define, build, and implement accounting policies and procedures, efficient operational accounting processes, strong internal controls, solid financial reporting, etc.
location: Boca Raton, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Manage monthly close process, including coordinating accounts receivable and accounts payable processes, overseeing month-end checklists, journal entries, reconciliations, etc.
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial reports including income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows.
- Develop and prepare operational reports help in making business decisions
- Assist in coordination of annual financial audit and quarterly bank audits
- Assist in annual budget process, monthly forecasting, etc.
- Maintain record of company fixed assets using multiple depreciation methods
- Prepare quarterly and annual sales tax and property tax filings.
- Preparation of financial policies and procedures.
- Develop more efficient internal procedures that optimize the use of departmental resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance (Masters degree a plus)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting or finance
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment a plus
- High proficiency in excel a must
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Works well with others in a team as well as independently, collaboration skills vital
- Able to work effectively at all levels of the organization with ability to convey a correct sense of urgency based on customer or business impact
- Strong communication skills written and verbal
- High level of accountability, punctuality, positive attitude, and reliability
- Quick learner and adaptable to change in process or required activities
skills: $500M-1 billion
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.