This is a direct hire Controller position with an established manufacturing company in Metrowest. This is an immediate need for a for a leader to oversee the newly forming accounting and finance department. Reporting to the CFO, this position will oversee all accounting & finance activities while supporting their organizational growth.
location: Littleton, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
The position will oversee the accounting and financial reporting functions and ensure GAAP compliance, as well as establish/strengthen accounting policies & procedures, implementing ERP system, and supporting their purchasing and supply chain operations. The position will also support senior management in the budgeting and financial planning process.
- Oversee financial accounting functions and ensure accurate and timely financial reporting
- Manage general ledger activity
- Perform fiscal closes, produce and analyze financial statements
- Strengthen and maintain accounting policies and procedures and ensure GAAP compliance
- Prepare financial reports for senior executives
- Oversee inventory
- Prepare budgets and complex financial analysis
- Coordinate, prepare and review periodical reports and audits
- Develop, train and mentor staff
- BS in Accounting or Finance.
- 7+ yrs of relevant accounting experience
- Previous experience in manufacturing industry is strong desired
- Strong communication and presentation skills required. Must be able to work closely with senior executives
- Track record of success in smaller or midsize companies, Ability to adapt and quickly change gears is required
skills: Bank Reconciliations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.