One of our mid-sized clients is seeking a Senior Auditor who will be an experienced team player of the audit team, focusing on multi-employer employee benefit plans and non profit organizations.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Obtains/documents basic understanding of clients' internal control policies/ procedures; tests operating effectiveness.
- solidify audit work papers & performs audit testing procedures on audit areas fundamental to the financial statements.
- Assists the manager in preparing financial statements including required footnotes and supplemental schedules.
- Help materialize audit plans and audit work paper templates (in coordination with audit manager).
- Execute audit tests (internal control and substantive) using approved audit plans and standardized audit work paper templates.
- Review audit work documents completed by staff prior to submission to audit manager.
- Help troubleshoot potential exceptions (i.e. get a hold of additional documentation/clarification to support/refute potential exceptions noted during field work testing).
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required
- A minimum of 2 years of audit, accounting, or financial and management advisory services with knowledge of GAAP and GAAS is required
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- CPA or 150 credit hour eligibility and pursuit of certification is encouraged
- Candidates must have a vehicle that can be used for work travel
skills: Excel, CPA, GAAP, Financial Audit, Excel Pivot Tables, Audit - Internal, Audit - External, Non profit
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.