The basic functions of the Controller are to: plan, supervise, schedule, coordinate, and account for company assets, liabilities, income and expense so that each project or job, and the company as a whole, can be managed by the company's executives to optimize efficiency, cost effectiveness, and timing, thereby maximizing the profits and growth of the company.
location: Azusa, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 4 Years
- Continually review all the steps in the accounting process for efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure that all accounting tasks are completed, as required.
- Perform all necessary tasks so that accurate invoices are sent on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all checks received are deposited to the appropriate Company account on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all payables in excess of own limit are presented to the President for approval accurately and on a timely basis.
- Upon approval, ensure that payables are processed and paid in a timely manner.
- Produce monthly P & L reports and concurrent balance sheets.
- Interface with the company's CPA to provide timely, appropriate, and accurate financial information for tax filing. Review all expenses for overall price, terms, and obtain necessary approvals.
- Adhere to all established accounting standards and procedures to protect the interests of the Company.
- Seek out opportunities to improve methods, processes, procedures, and credit suppliers to best benefit the company.
- When requested, train new employees.
- Ensure that receivables are collected in a timely manner.
- Maintain good, business-like relations with employees, creditors, suppliers, and clients.
- Complete all Employee Performance Evaluations for positions reporting to this position in accordance within company policy and in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform all other tasks assigned by the President.
- Required: High school or equivalent. Highly Preferred: College Degree
- Five years or more in concrete construction or general construction industry, which should include at least three years of accounting experience.
- Previous supervisory experience
skills: Job Costing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.