Relocation assistance for the right individual.
The Plant Controller is responsible for providing comprehensive financial leadership to the plant. The Position is responsible for the accurate reporting of results and maintenance of the company's assets, through balance sheet integrity and providing a rigorous control environment. He/She will lead the financial staff at the plant and is accountable for plant-level responsibilities including general accounting, payables, order entry, billing, cost accounting, bill of materials, business analysis, financial reporting, sales management, and computer operations.
location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Prepare monthly reports of results, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan, and strategic planning.
- Responsible for internal controls at the plant for operations, sales and finance.
- Analyze and accurately report current month's financial results to the plant, sales, and corporate management in accordance with corporate format and time requirements.
- Submit all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
- Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments.
- Perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly. Report audit results monthly.
- Ensure timely and accurate input of bill of material and price code changes.
- Ensure bill of material and costing accurately reflect production operations.
- Maintain a perpetual inventory for finished goods and reconcile this perpetual to production, shipping, and returns on a daily basis.
- Conduct formal meetings with manufacturing, finance and sales management personnel to discuss all plant issues.
- Document and understand ERP/MRP systems, hardware, and reporting conventions and serve as the on-site IT expert.
- Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items monthly.
- Reconcile all inter-company accounts monthly.
- Analyze internal controls to ensure assets are adequately safeguarded and results are accurately reported.
- Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies. Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with corporate financial management.
- BS. in accounting or business administration. MBA and CPA preferred
- 5-10 years as plant controller or cost manager in a manufacturing environment,
- High level of proficiency in PC spreadsheets and ERP/MRP systems.
skills: Bank Reconciliations, Budgeting Forecasting & Management Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.