job summary: Credit Analyst
An American multinational conglomerate corporation operating in the fields of industry, worker safety, health care, and consumer goods, is currently seeking a self-driven professional to join their Maplewood, Minnesota located Headquarters as a Credit Analyst.
As a Credit Analyst, you will administer the credit and collection activities for an assigned Accounts Receivable portfolio in one or more Business Units, Divisions, Business Groups, while following generally defined policies and procedures.
As this is a customer-facing position, interaction is with both internal clients and external customers.
An individual employed in this position is expected to have basic knowledge of credit and collection policies and principles.
This position works independently within company guidelines to meet targets and objectives set by management.
location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 24 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
responsibilities: Primary Responsibilities:
- Partners with customers and internal clients to resolve delinquent and disputed accounts for assigned Accounts Receivable portfolios.
- Working independently, performs vigorous collection activity on past due accounts within generally defined credit policies and procedures through extensive telephone, email, fax, written, and personal face-to-face communication.
- Reconciles other open items on customers' accounts, such as, open credits and misapplied payments. Resolution includes research and appropriate document gathering to ensure the company and customer records are in agreement and compliant with local regulations.
- Evaluates credit worthiness of current and new customers and establishes credit limits based on analysis of trade reporting, internal data, and other data available within policies and authorization levels set by management.
- Utilizes basic credit analysis skills to interpret all information prior to extending, increasing, or denying credit availability. Unusual situations are referred to a senior credit professional, credit risk analyst, or management team.
qualifications: Desired Qualifications:
- 1-2+ years in Business to Business credit and collections experience
- Demonstrated interpersonal, analytical, and time management skills.
- A professional, positive, and tactful demeanor with both clients, and customers.
If you wish to apply, please send your resume along with a short summary of your qualifications directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Bachelor's degree in fields such as: Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or Economics, or equivalent training through experience is normally required to apply knowledge of Credit and Collection principles, theory, and applications.
- Accreditation through National Association of Credit Managers.
skills: Analysis - Risk
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.