job summary: Job Description:
Our client, a leading and global supplier for manufacturer components throughout the country, is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Accountant/Financial Analyst for their Accounting/Finance team, providing financial/business support to management and business partners. This position is located within Hartford County.
This is an exciting opportunity as it will provide opportunities for professional growth and to learn new skills and fundamentals for finance!
location: Hartford, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide financial reporting and guidance to departments, including reporting and analysis of cost performance vs targets and trends
- Manage inter-company balances with company locations, including monthly account reconciliation, balance sheet, and P&L reviews
- Handle inventory accounting; scrap reporting, reconciliation of general ledger, standards review & annual cost roll, reserves and weekly inventory reporting.
- Provide all month end closing activities; corporate reporting, P&L variance analysis, and vendor activity.
- Analyze journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Provide support to financial consolidation process for company entities for both internal and corporate software.
- Assist financial analysis to business, cost structure, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Prepare and deliver monthly financial analytical reports of business performance.
- Implement and make changes to accounts, reports, and data systems.
- Minimum 4-5 years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge/experience with GAAP and SOX compliance.
- Proficiency with MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- High level of accuracy with work.
- Willingness to learn new processes and systems, embrace process improvement.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting.
skills: Excel, General Ledger, Financial Analysis, Journal Entries, Inventory, GAAP, SOX, General Accounting and Finance Skills, Budgeting Forecasting & Management Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.