job summary: Job Summary:
Our client, a major manufacturer in Hartford County, is seeking an experienced and driven HR Associate to add to their HR Team. This individual will be the first point of contact for the HR department addressing employee benefits, recruiting and on-boarding of new employees, time and attendance, and general union guidelines.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a great working culture and successful team, offering opportunities for professional growth with proven success in their role! They will report to the HR Business Partner and Management for the department. They will also interact/communicate with senior/executive management, including union employees.
The primary focus of this role will be compliance, maintaining HR related systems and all HR records/files maintaining accuracy and consistency. In addition they will also handle recruitment, employee relations and benefit administration.
location: Hartford, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $57,000 - 61,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Process time and attendance - ensuring hours and time codes are accurate.
- Partner closely with Payroll to resolve and process corrections.
- Prepare/maintain employment records; hiring, terms, leaves, transfers, and promotions.
- On-board all new hires; clearance of pre-employment screening and documentation.
- Assist Labor Relations Employee in recruiting and bidding, and review procedures/record keeping.
- Tracks tuition assistance requests and documentation.
- Assist with FMLA and STD claims.
- Assists in managing job postings for all open positions using company ATS.
- Handle all New Hire Orientation process including scheduling, updating content with internal policies and procedures.
qualifications: JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Related Field (Preferred).
- At least 2-3 years or greater of relevant experience.
- Highly Organized, and ability to prioritize HR related projects.
- Working knowledge of HR principles and procedures, recruitment, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation.
- Labor Union experience (Preferred but not required)
skills: Human Resources, Benefit Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.