Our client is a major manufacturer in Huntington Beach and they have a newly created Payroll Specialist role they are looking to fill!
location: Huntington Beach, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $45,000 - 55,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
This Payroll Specialist will report up into the Human Resources Manager as well as the Controller.
They will be responsible for the following:
- Analyze payroll data supplied by managers for accuracy and completeness, inputs and balances payroll data accurately, processes payroll and reviews/analyzes payroll reports for accuracy and distributes timely.
- Process all new hire, changes and terminations for multi-state payroll input into computerized payroll system.
- Compile and input payroll data such as hours worked, time away, taxes, insurance, garnishments and other withholdings.
- Verify employee personal and work-related changes such as promotions, terminations and bonuses are accurately reflected.
- Research, analyze and resolve all discrepancies, reporting to management as needed
- Participate in end of month closing and audits as needed.
- Maintain current, expert knowledge in federal, state and local wage and hour regulations with responsibility for ensuring that all information processed is accurate and compliant; ensure that HR and management are aware of relevant changes to regulations.
To be a top candidate for the Payroll Specialist opening, you should have the following experience:
- ADP for at least 1 year
- Payroll processing within a smaller department
- Proven track record of being detail oriented
This is an opportunity they are hoping to fill quickly so please apply now to be considered!
skills: Payroll - 50 - 500
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.