job summary: Our client in RTP is seeking an accounts payable accountant. This is a direct hire role with potential to cross train in other areas. The company would like to see someone with experience in commercial real estate.
The AP Accountant will
provide accurate and timely processing of AP invoices and vendor payments. Works closely with vendors and internal partners to maintain vendor account integrity.
Maintain detailed files and databases to prepare receivable reports, amortization schedules, payment histories, monthly statements/invoices and property status reports for subtenants and vacant/sold properties.
Analyze various general ledger accounts. Invoice tenants and collect delinquent rent.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $45,000 - 55,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Review and process invoices, expense reports, cash reimbursements, and check requests. Ensure appropriate forms are submitted before processing.
- Research discrepancies on purchase orders and determine potentials for processing improvements.
- Analyze period rental income and expense and accrue sublease rent. Reconcile tax bills and accruals to determine necessary escrow increases
- Reconcile vendor statements to ensure accurate reflection of liability balances.
- Analyze various general ledger accounts. Invoice tenants and collect delinquent rent. Acquire sales and provide percentage rent calculations and sublease information
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Work closely with other departments such procurement and receiving to investigate shipment and invoice information to resolve disputes with vendors.
- Process invoices from multiple vendors and reconciling purchasing orders to vendor invoices
- Checking figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes
- Debiting, crediting, and totaling accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using QuickBooks
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables' data
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Accounts Payable processing and transactions including inventory receipt validation, coding, posting, check runs
- Accounts Receivable processing and transactions including cash posting and bad debt analysis
- Monthly bank deposit and disbursement analysis
- Monthly A/P and A/R reconciliation of sub-ledgers to the general ledger
- Collection calling on open Accounts Receivables, including follow-up and system documentation
- Maintaining procedures manual for the aforementioned
- Other accounting related duties and special projects as assigned
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume and salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: A/P Processing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.