Our client is in search for a Financial Consultant to work with their internal finance and management teams in the development of strategic and budgetary plans. This resource will need to have tactical and strategic experience in the short-term lending industry have been the CFO of an industry player or a CEO with a finance background.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $75 - 90 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
Experience in payday lending companies scaling from Greenfield or single jurisdiction operations to multi-location and multi jurisdiction deployments is required. Such companies must have at some point had both an online as well as physical storefront presence. We are aiming for this consultant to have a graduate degree in finance, MBA or CPA equivalent.
Given the client's aspiration to grow, we are looking for an individual whom "has seen this movie before". Someone, whom understands the key drivers of the payday lending business/industry, is adept at financial modeling, actively aware of fundraising requirements and the range of financial pitfalls that a company of our size and on our path will no doubt face.
The interim CFO would be the ultimate person responsible for working with the internal team to do some of the heavy lifting on the following specific deliverables:
We are interested in speaking with you about this opportunity. To be considered, please reach out to Nick Wilkins (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Tatum.
- Three-year strategic plan that is ambitious but achievable and well defined.
- Three-year budget model inclusive of well-defined and thought out assumptions. The model and the assumptions should be closely interconnected and easily updatable.
- Projected financials (Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash-flow) coming out of the budget model
- The cash-flow model should be able to accurately forecast the cash-flow of the large volume of short-term loans and their particular seasonal patterns
- The proprietary credit rules and products currently used will be continuously optimized and so the cash-flow model should be able to use the main rules and product characteristics in the cash-flow projections. Key will be the consultant using his/her knowledge, experience and skill set to help us iterate the strategic plan and corresponding budgeting model through various scenarios and ambitions until we arrive at an optimum position. We would like to standardize and connect all models and the financials so upon completion of the project we can manipulate master fields and key assumptions for changes.
skills: Consumer Lending, PayDay, $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.