Rapidly growing, private equity backed Software Provider, based in the greater Philadelphia area, is seeking a talented; achievement focused Assistant Controller to join the team. Reporting to the CFO, the Assistant Controller will manage the accounting functions for the Company.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. S/he will have a technical accounting expertise and the ability to help/assist and manage the financial operations of the company. Initially leading a staff of 2, the Assistant Controller will ensure timely production and accuracy of all financial reporting, oversee accounting operation, and drive business process improvements to strengthen policies and internal controls.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual close process, including account reconciliations as well as booking and reviewing journal entries.
- Assist in preparation of financial statements under US GAAP and management reporting.
- Manage audit relationships and audit engagements to include annual tax planning, preparation and filing.
- Improve accounting and financial policies, procedures, internal controls, and documentation.
- Streamline accounting processes using technology.
- Contribute to the preparation of critical financial information including KPI's, budgets and forecasts and ensure trends are monitored over time and reported to the CFO and the CEO.
- Spearhead the revenue recognition implementation of new revenue standard, ASC 606.
- Oversee management of accounts receivable & payable and payroll.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting is preferable. MBA, CPA, or other advanced professional would be a plus
- Minimum of 6+ years' experience in a combination of Big Four/Large regional audit experience including Revenue Recognition experience. Our client is also excited to see someone straight out of public or a mix
- In-depth experience in a Software or Technology industry
- Strong analytical experience and problem solving capabilities is a must
- Demonstrates technical competence and effectively delivers support in area of expertise.
- Communicates, written and orally clearly and concisely. Effectively listens to requests.
- Works effectively with others and independently. Demonstrates initiative and ownership.
- Resolves problems quickly and effectively.
If you are interested in working for a tremendous global growing organization with flexible hours and a talented passionate team. Please send your resume in word document to: Cecilia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Cecilia Bjurstrom l Sr. Executive Recruiter Randstad Professionals Finance & Accounting | Human Resources E-Mail: email@example.com Direct: 610-382-9742 Cell: 267-266-0707
skills: Financial Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.