Senior Property Accountant
Growing larger Real Estate Investment Company in San Francisco is currently seeking a Senior Property Accountant to support the Accounting for a variety of their properties and support their JV reporting and financial audits. Qualified candidates will have 4+ years of experience including real estate / property exposure. CPA Or CPA candidates (actively pursing CPA) highly preferred. Please apply directly to this posting for consideration.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
The Senior Property Accountant will primarily be responsible for the accounting of 3-4 properties as well reviewing month-end packages for other team members in the group. This position requires someone who is motivated, interested in learning and very attentive to detail. The individual for this position should be comfortable working and contributing to a team environment, enjoy being in a busy environment where new and complex transactions occur and interfacing at various levels within and outside the organization. This position will report to the Accounting Manager and Controller, Property Accounting. Responsibilities:
In addition to assisting the Accounting Manager and Controller in special projects as assigned, the primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Oversee the accounting for a portfolio of properties.
- Ensure accounting transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Month/Year end closing functions such as cash/balance sheet reconciliations, update and review workpapers,
- Prepare and review the calculation of asset management fees, property/construction management fees.
- Record and review accounting for acquisitions/dispositions of real estate.
- Assist with the preparation and review of tax packages for external tax accountants.
- Prepare audit work papers and financial statement & footnote disclosures for external auditors
- Assist with the documenting accounting policies and procedures and identify internal control issues.
- Assist with the annual budget process and variance reporting.
- Prepare ad hoc reports for various internal and external parties.
- Mentor/supervise existing and new team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with equivalent related experience.
- Must have a minimum of 4+ years of progressive real estate accounting experience.
- CPA or CPA Candidate preferred.
- Experience in development/construction accounting is helpful.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Possess the ability to understand & interpret specific legal agreements such as loan documents and purchase and sale agreements.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively multi-task daily with shifting priorities.
skills: Property Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.