Growing company in Coconut Creek is seeking a staff accountant. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter with the desire to learn and grow, with great analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to think through and develop solutions to unique challenges arising across the organization. This company offers excellent benefits and has true "work/life" balance.
location: Pompano Beach, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Voucher freight invoices, prepare monthly freight report, reconcile to the general ledger prior to month end prepaid freight journal entry.
- Prepare/Enter journal entries
Inventory general ledger review and preparation of the inventory roll-forward report with reconciliation to the Cost of Sales Report
- Review and Post Invoice
- Post Cash Receipts and Send Out Collection Notices
- Review and Monitor Accounts Receivable to ensure compliance with procedures
- Prepare monthly AR aging detail reports, reviewing aging categories and customer balances, and agreeing overall report balance to GL
- SOX Compliance
- Verify signatures
- Scan & file accounts receivable invoices and customer deposits
- Set up monthly travel and entertainment expense entry
- Other duties as needed.
- 3+ years' experience in Accounting.
- A Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with all levels of management.
- Strong understanding of financial accounting concepts.
skills: General Ledger
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.