The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of weekly/biweekly employee payroll in support of the region business goals and operations. The ideal candidate will create and maintain a positive, professional working environment that reflects the organization's mission, vision and values.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 3 Years
- Process weekly union/biweekly nonunion payroll
- Prioritize and audit time records from various locations, make corrections or adjustments and process through full payroll cycle
- Calculate and prepare manual layoff/termination/adjustment checks
- Ensure accuracy and timely distribution of payroll checks to all office locations
- Set up garnishments and third party checks
- Respond to requests for employment verification
- Update, set up or terminate records as necessary
- Maintain and file payroll forms and records
- Complete office union deductions report monthly for fringe reconciliation
- Weekly Certified payroll reporting
- Monthly OCIP/CCIP reporting
- Develop and run various ad hoc reports as needed for Accounting, H/R and Organizational Partners
- Manage prevailing wage process as required for government contracts
For immediate consideration, please apply directly to this posting or e-mail your resume directly to email@example.com.
skills: Payroll - 500+
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.