6 month project assignment for a Business Systems Analyst for a company located in Philadelphia.
The BSA's primary objective is to ensure proper functioning of business systems on a day-to-day basis. Second objective is to make recommendations for optimizing productivity as it relates to business systems processing. This includes resolution of system problems, project management of new system implementations, and management of software upgrades of current systems. The BSA is expected to build system skills and capabilities within the departments.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 35 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Manage new systems implementations and system upgrades. Activities include, but are not limited to, requirements gathering, requirements definition, RFP management, management of 3rd party vendors, coordination with MIS department, system testing, sign off for go live.
- Create and maintain system set up, design and architecture documentation for finance, production, and warehouse/distribution systems. Ensure end user documentation is appropriately documented. Ensure user are adequately trained. Ensure business systems have a skilled network of key users.
- Pro-actively identify opportunities for improvements in efficiency and effectiveness leveraging existing data, existing systems and new technology.
- Adhere to the system change process. Triage system problems/issues, log issues in Jira. Create SCRs for issues logged in Jira.
- Participate in MIS led meetings with BSAs from other functional areas to ensure system change requests, new system implementations and upgrades are coordinated.
- BA in MIS, Accounting, Computer Science & Engineering preferred or the equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience in a Business Analyst role.
- Proven ability to manage concurrent assignments and to learn very quickly in an environment where problems are ill-defined and span multiple functions.
- Exposure to ERP, CRM and financial systems.
- Ability to resolve virtually all support issues independently.
- Ability to plan system implementations and system upgrades with little supervision.
- Solid understanding of the publishing business or at least 5 years of experience in similar role in other industry.
- Basic SQL skills for verify integrity of data.
Interested and qualified candidates can email their resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.