We are seeking a detail oriented Senior Accountant to join an important team within the Accounting Department at a large Newport Beach company.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the month end close process, including the preparation and review of journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure overall accuracy of the consolidated financial statements.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Senior Accountant responsibilities will include:
- Oversee completeness and accuracy of all journal entries, account reconciliations, and analyses as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
- Work with the Construction department to verify accuracy of budgets and closing of construction projects.
- Serve as project lead, as necessary, and ensure proper preparation and documentation of related journal entries.
- In connection with month closing, ensure accuracy of foreign currency adjustments, elimination entries, and expense allocations as appropriate.
- Develop new procedures to shorten the current close process.
- Actively contribute to the development of global accounting policies to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Actively participate in year-end audits and quarterly reviews, including preparation of audit support schedules and related requests.
- Actively adhere to written policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure SOX 404 compliance.
The ideal Senior Accountant for this opportunity will be:
- Detail oriented
- Ability to navigate Excel with ease
- Ability to track and manage 1000+ accounts
- Familiar with Microsoft Dynamics 365 or similar ERP software
This position is going to start interviewing next week so apply now to be considered!
skills: Fixed Assets, Project Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.