Sr. Manager of Technical Accounting
job summary: Manager of Financial Reporting Rapidly growing, International Service firm in Orange County, NY sees a Senior Manager of Technical Accounting to be responsible for the preparation of financial statements for senior management, equity holders and outside lenders.
location: New Windsor, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated financial statements and management reporting. Provide financial support, analytics and write-up of the company's monthly, quarterly and annual filings, including Management's Discussion & Analysis (MD&A).
- Responsible for the adoption of new accounting pronouncements on a timely basis (including but not limited to Revenue Recognition and Accounting for Leases).
- Administration over the company's financial policies manual, which would also include initiating and authoring new policies that are critical to the accounting and finance function.
- Support and design appropriate and sufficient internal controls over the financial reporting process
- Ensure financial account balance reconciliations are prepared by corporate accounting timely and accurately.
- Coordinate with Information Technology group regarding interface and reconciliation between general ledger and sub-ledgers for various financial accounts
- Work with and support the company's Director of Tax with reconciling management accounting to tax accounting.
- Assist both foreign and domestic location accounting staff with accounting related inquires
- Maintain documentation of current corporate accounting procedures
- Oversee the company's outsourced internal audit function and report periodic findings to the Corporate Controller and CFO
- Other responsibilities and ad hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7-10 year experience in corporate accounting department, preferably in a large international corporation, as well as public accounting experience.
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and financial statement reporting requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of current consolidation accounting standards, processes and software.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.