A growing company in the Silicon Valley is looking for a Payroll Specialist to join their team. Candidate must be detail oriented and has processed payroll in the past.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 2 Years
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
To be considered for this role, please apply directly or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Payroll Processing, Payroll - 1 - 50, Payroll - 50 - 500, Payroll - 500+, Payroll Accounting & Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.