Accounting Manager (Property level)
Working with top real estate investment company in the San Francisco that is currently looking for an Accounting Manager for their property level accounting group. This role will manage a couple staff and handle property level accounting duties for the organization, partnering closely with corporate accounting as well as fund accounting departments. This is a top tier firm with excellent reputation, leadership and overall team. Qualified candidates will have 5+ years of experience in public accounting OR within property accounting at a real estate company.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
Accounting Manager (Property level) SUMMARY:
Under the supervision of the Property Controller, the Accounting Manager will perform various duties to support the monthly, quarterly and annual close process, along with providing tax accountants and auditors with information for projects assigned to them. This role will primarily be responsible for the accounting of some properties as well as reviewing month-end packages prepared by other team members. This position requires someone who is motivated, interested in learning and very attentive to detail. The individual for this position should be comfortable with being in a busy environment where new and complex transactions occur and be able to interface with people at various levels within and outside the organization. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following:
- Project level cash analysis.
- Review expenditures in AP system & GL system.
- Be available to respond to internal & external inquiries.
- Ensure accounting transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare and review calculation of various fees due to Divco and third parties.
- Record and review month-end journal entries and facilitate the closing process.
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliation (cash, AP, AR, etc.) for assigned assets
- Maintain and review the general ledger, update supporting schedules and workbooks for properties assigned to them and others.
- Participate in and help with the quarter-end close process.
- Prepare and review financial packages for lenders per debt covenants.
- Prepare and review quarterly and or ad hoc reports to investors or JV partners.
- Prepare and review quarterly REIT income and assets tests where applicable.
- Assist with preparation of annual operating budgets.
- Prepare financials packages for tax accountants. Packages may include tax basis financials & supporting schedules.
- Review income tax returns and ensure required payments are made to relevant tax authorities.
- Prepare financials packages for auditors. This may include financials statement preparation & footnote disclosures for standalone audits.
- Be available to respond to tax & audit inquiries.
- Work directly with the Accounting Manager and Controller on ad hoc projects.
- Assist in accounting analysis on acquisitions and dispositions.
- Involved with JV partners and communications.
- Possess the ability to understand & interpret specific legal agreements such as loan documents and purchase and sale agreements.
- Mentor, supervise and coach existing and new team members.
- Constantly evaluate areas of improvement and make recommendations for efficiency.
- Process documentation for use by new team members.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Company procedures.
- Follow all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Comply with all Company training requirements.
- Maintain safe working environment.
- Regular attendance at the job is essential.
- Maintain a courteous, helpful and professional attitude on the job. Display a willingness and ability to be responsive to all customer groups.
- Perform other duties as assigned in a positive and helpful manner.
qualifications: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics and with a minimum of 5-7 years accounting work experience. Real estate, private equity, construction and development, strongly preferred.
- CPA or CPA Candidate preferred.
- Working knowledge of partnership/fund accounting concepts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to create positive work environment for the team.
- Exceedingly well organized, very flexible, and strong follow through.
- Must be a self-starter that is highly motivated, deadline and detail oriented, and a good understanding a sense of urgency.
- Proactive, resourceful, efficient with strong decision-making skills; works independently with little or no supervision.
- Enjoy the challenges of supporting a medium-sized department.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills; must possess high-level of professionalism and strong communication skills.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented, quick learner and problem-solver with an active, curious intellect.
skills: Property Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.