Under the direction of the Director of Cost Accounting, the Senior Cost Accountant will be responsible for reporting cost data, assessing operational performance, and risk analysis and assessment.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 5 Years
- Responsible for maintenance and accuracy of bills of materials, inventory costs, actual quantities and account balances.
- Review inventory and associated transactions; Prepare reconciliation and monthly closing entries.
- Review average and actual costs of both parts and BOM's and reconcile inaccuracies.
- Prepare periodic reports comparing budget costs to actual costs.
- Review and analyze inventory and margin reports; Conduct research and perform cost analyses and profitability analytical studies.
- Reconcile variances and determine root cause for variance.
- Track all the installation costs and deferred costs.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts, and investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues; and record inventory adjustments.
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly to this posting.
skills: Cost Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.