job summary: Payroll Specialist
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for the weekly processing of payroll in addition to assisting the accounting department as needed.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
salary: $26 - 30 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 5 Years
- Process wage garnishments in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Investigate, analyze and resolve problems, answer questions, explain payroll policies and procedures in a service oriented fashion to employees and distribute payroll-related forms as requested; keys/setup, change, or stop direct deposits as authorized.
- Process final paychecks in accordance with state requirement.
- Experience with weekly Payroll Processing for local Unions.
- Knowledge of the Construction Industry relating to Public Works.
- Good understanding of payroll regulations for both union and non-union employees.
- Timecard processing of weekly timecards with outsources timekeeping software.
- 5-7 years of experience processing payroll.
- Working knowledge of certified payroll processing.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills are required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality while handling sensitive and personal information.
- Working knowledge of Prelim Liens, and Lien Releases prepared by vendors.
$26-$30 per hour Application Process:
When we know of your interest, a Randstad Professionals recruiter will review your resume and contact you to better understand your skills and tell you more about the opportunity. We will meet qualified candidates face to face and the best talent interviews with the employer face to face - we will move quickly! Interviewing now! Click Apply to submit your resume today. Not ready to apply or have questions? Call Katie at 949-236-7258
skills: Certified Payroll Professional, Payroll - 50 - 500
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.